Contact us: kac.sandiego [at] gmail.com
The Korean American Coalition is a non-profit, non-partisan community advocacy organization.
Established in 1983, KAC’s mission is to facilitate the Korean American community’s participation in civic, legislative & community affairs, and encourage the Korean American community to contribute and become and integral part of the broader American society.
To extend the agenda and mission of KAC, KAC-SD(Korean American San Diego Chapter) launched to serve the greater San Diego and beyond area. To make a better Korean American society, KAC-SD aims to create education program, activities and so on.
Mission Statement – Korean American Coalition
KAC-SD shall operate as a nonprofit and nonpartisan corporation and advance the interests of the Korean American community and those of other groups on matters of common concern, both in the greater San Diego area and beyond. To that end, KAC-SD shall promote the culture of diversity within the general community and advance civic affairs, community participation, civil rights, education, and leadership of Korean Americans.
Goal Statement – Korean American Coalition
• To be an effective bilingual advocate for the Korean American community by articulating community concerns and interests and establishing channels of communication with elected officials, private and public agencies, other community organizations, media and the general public.
• To promote and advocate the civil and civic rights interests of Korean Americans, increasing civic and legislative awareness and the general social consciousness of the Korean American community.
• To be an informational resource and referral for and about the Korean American community.
• To maintain networks of communication and cooperation between KAC and other organizations in the Korean American community as well as with organizations representing other racial and ethnic communities.
• To maintain a viable working organization composed of first, second, and third generation Korean Americans.
• To organize and implement leadership development programs encouraging Korean American students to become capable leaders in community and civic affairs.
“Organize, Educate, Empower” and UNITE!
2015 KAC-San Diego: Year-End Report
- Charles Shin (Realtor & Broker, Kor Am Property & Investments)
- Henry “Hank” Kim (CDR Surface & Mine Warfighting Development Center (US Navy)
- James Pham (Founder & CEO of EnlighTea)
- Jenny Kim (Business Strategy Consultant)
- Raehyun Im (Business Development Executive at PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- Jini Shim (Graduate student, San Diego State University)
2015 Events and Activities:
April 13: Mentorship Night @ San Diego State University
May 8: Networking Lunch @ Emeralds Dim Sum
May 15 : Asian American Heritage month celebration
Jul 31: Networking Dinner @ Common Theory
Sep 23: Networking Lunch @ San Tong Palace
Oct 21: Mentorship Night @ San Diego State University
Nov 8: Movie Night @ San Diego Asian Film Festival