House of Korea December Night – International Christmas Festival
Time: December 4th (Friday) 3-11 pm & 5th (Saturday) noon-11 pm
Place: Balboa Park International Cottage Lawn etc
Permanence Schedule on Saturday 1:45-2 pm by Enoc Korean traditional dance team of KUMCSD (Kathy Kyangzah Kim & 3 others) & 5:30-6 pm by Faustina Ryu and Family!!
We still need volunteers, if you are interested in, please sign up:
We are expecting more than 350,000 visitors, meaning San Diego’s largest free community festival with parking difficulty!
Please try to arrive 1 hr before your choice of volunteer time due to traffic congestion.
The San Diego Zoo lot is the only free parking space.
City College Lots is free
Inspiration Point parking lot for $20/vehicle (accessible from Park Blvd and Presidents Way) – House of Korea will reimburse $10/vehicle, if you cannot find free parking space.
visitors to use the FREE off-site shuttles or take public transportation. Avoid the 163 southbound during the hours of 5-8pm, as this highway will be very congested. Use alternate routes to get to the Park and the shuttle stops.
Loading Zones can be found on Parks Blvd and Presidents Way – and on the west side of 6th and Laurel. Taxis, ride-sharing, or other vehicles can utilizes these 3 minute loading areas for pick-up and drop-off.
December Nights Shuttles run on Friday from 3:00-midnight and on Saturday from 11:30 until midnight in all locations. The last shuttle from the park is at 11:45pm.
- City College Lots between 16th and “B and C” Streets: Parking is free and there are more than 1,500 parking spaces. Shuttle drops off at 6th & Laurel Streets. The Park is approximately 1/4 mile from City College, so walking is an option. To get to the City College lots use I-5 and exit at “B” Street.
- Downtown San Diego on Ash St between 5th and 6th Ave. Numerous parking lots in this area at $5, or free street parking after 6pm. Shuttle drops off at 6th and Laurel.
DRIVING TO THE PARK
Parking at for the public Balboa Park is extremely limited. There is some free parking, free disabled parking, and paid vehicle parking. All other areas require a permit.
- Free Parking: The San Diego Zoo lot is the only free, non-permitted lot at the Park. It fills very quickly. Arrive early to park there.
- Paid Parking: Optional preferred parking for $25/vehicle at the Natural History Museum parking lot and the South Carousel lot (both accessible from Park Blvd. and Village Place); and at the Inspiration Point parking lot for $20/vehicle (accessible from Park Blvd and Presidents Way).
- 2550 Fifth Ave (enter at 449 Maple). $25 (12/4 3:00 to midnight; 12/5 11am to midnight) No in and out privileges.
Purchase parking for this lot ONLY at: https://space.aceparking.com/events/December%20Nights/361
Please read the attached map to familiarize HoK Food tent & Spirit Garden.
See you all!